Winter 2017 at the Wellness Centers
Chelsea and Dexter Wellness Centers are offering over 30 classes and education opportunities this winter. You can take part in preventing diabetes, learn about skin health, help support the American Red Cross or go for a dip. Did we mention many of these opportunities are free??!!
Grass Lake Senior Center (locate at GL Township Hall) offers many opportunities to be active. Exercise classes ($1 per class) are held Tuesdays at 10 am and Thursdays at 1pm. Chair Yoga ($5/p) is Wednesdays at 12:45pm and Line Dancing takes over Tuesdays at 1 pm.
All 5 Healthy Town Wellness Centers (Chelsea, Dexter, Manchester and Stockbridge) have scholarships available for those who may need assistance. To learn more about scholarships opportunities, please visit member services or call the number below.
Cultivate Improvements in Personal and Community Wellness
The people in our 5 Healthy Towns Eat Better, Move More, Avoid Unhealthy Substances and Connect with Others in Healthy Ways.
- Ongoing - Simple Steps Program, Dexter and Chelsea Wellness Centers
- Ongoing - Winter Mobile Farmers Market, Grass Lake, Manchester and Stockbridge
- Jan 16 - Grass Lake Wellness Coalition Meeting, 6 pm, Grass Lake Township Hall
- Jan 18 - Diabetes Prevention Program, 7 pm, Chelsea Wellness Center
- Jan 19 - Stockbridge Coalition Meeting, 6 pm, Stockbridge School Admin Building
- Jan 20 - FREE Senior Swim, 1 -4 pm, Dexter Wellness Center
- Jan 20 - FREE Senior Swim, 1 -4 pm, Chelsea Senior Center
- View our event calendar
5 Healthy Towns Foundation (5HF) provides scholarships at our wellness centers. Here’s what [...]
April 8th Read Article »
I recently read people need to exercise up to 2 hours [...]
October 15th Read Article »
Chelsea Wellness Center Recertified as Medical Fitness Facility
December 22, 2016 Read More »
Functional Fitness 101
June 2, 2016 Read More »