Frequently Asked Questions
What safety and sanitation precautions are in place?
- Member screening with questions and temperature checks
- Mask/Facial coverings required while in the facility – except when in pools
- Hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the center
- Wipes, towels, and sanitizing spray conveniently located throughout the center to clean the equipment after use
- Equipment spaced to ensure adherence to physical distancing guidelines
- Limited participant #’s in group exercise classes to adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Increased disinfection of equipment and high touch areas throughout the day
- Social distance markings to assist with general awareness
- Signage throughout the center as reminders to wash hands, wipe down equipment, and be mindful of spacing
Are the pools available for use?
- Pools are open. Reservations are required. Limited to 1 per lap lane and 6 (Chelsea) and 7 (Dexter) in therapy pool to assist with physical distancing. Reservations can be made through Member Self Service login or by calling the center.
Are the Steam Rooms/Saunas/Whirlpools available?
- All areas remain closed. We continually monitor CDC guidelines and state mandates to provide updates regarding the reopening of these areas.
Are members required to wear masks?
- Based on CDC and State of Michigan mandate, members are required to wear masks at all times while in the center except when in pools. Floor markers and equipment spacing have been implemented to ensure physical distancing. Staff also always wear masks.
Are there Group Exercise classes?
- We have group exercise classes and class sizes are limited to help with physical distancing. Classes require reservations. Reservations can be made through Member Self Service login or by calling the Center. The Center also offers a Virtual Group Exercise membership along with virtual group exercise classes that you can take from the comfort of your home. Check the website or mobile app for the updated group exercise class schedule.
Are Kids in Motion, Swim/Gym, Gymnasium sports and/or Massage available?
- At this time Kids in Motion and Swim/Gym will be unavailable and are planned for later opening. We will keep you all informed via email and social media as to when we will resume these services.
- Gymnasium sports have resumed with reservations for both basketball and Pickleball. Please call the Dexter Wellness Center for further information or to make a reservation.
- Massage: For your health and safety we have implemented the following:
- Screening of therapist and client
- Masks worn during massage by therapist and client
- Therapist washes hands immediately before/after the appointment
- Disinfection of all touched surfaces
- Germ Guardian air purifying system
- Please notify us immediately if you are not feeling well.
What are the hours of operation?
- Current hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 5 am to 8 pm, Friday 5am – 7pm, and Saturday and Sunday 7 am to 1 pm. We will continue to provide updates for when the hours of operation may be adjusted.
Are the showers open?
- The showers are open.
What other changes are expected?
- The track will be closed. It is difficult to distance from others on the track and it allows us to move and keep more pieces of equipment open for use
- Contactless payment process (credit card & house charge only – no cash)
- Members-only / No Guests
- 60+ Senior Exercise area available