Frequently Asked Questions
What safety and sanitation precautions are you taking?
- Member screening with questions and temperature checks
- Mask/Facial covering required while in the facility – except when in pools
- Additional hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the center
- Wipes, towels and sanitizing spray conveniently located throughout the center to clean the equipment after use
- Equipment spacing to ensure adherence to physical distancing guidelines
- Limited participant #’s in group exercise classes to adhere to physical distancing guidelines
- Increased disinfection of equipment and high touch areas throughout the day
- Social distance markings to assist with general awareness
- Signage throughout the center to serve as reminders to wash hands, wipe down equipment, and be mindful of spacing
Will the pools be available for use?
- Pools will be open. Reservations are required. Limited to 1 per lap lane and 8 (Chelsea) and 10 (Dexter) in therapy pool to assist with physical distancing. Reservations can be made through Member Self Service login or by calling the center.
Will the Steam Rooms/Saunas/Whirlpools be available for use?
- All areas will be closed. We will continually monitor CDC guidelines and state mandates to provide updates regarding the reopening of these areas.
Will members be required to wear masks?
- Based on CDC and State of Michigan mandate, members are required to wear masks at all times while in the center except when in pools. Floor markers and equipment spacing have been implemented to ensure physical distancing. Staff will wear masks at all times.
Will there be Group Exercise classes?
- We will have a limited class schedule when we reopen. Class size will be limited to help with physical distancing. Classes will be first come, first serve. Check the website or mobile app for the updated schedule.
Will there be Kids in Motion, Swim/Gym, Gymnasium sports and/or Massage when you reopen?
- At this time Kids in Motion, Swim/Gym, Gymnasium sports will be unavailable and are planned for later opening. We will keep you all informed via email and social media as to when we will resume these services.
- Massage: For your health and safety we have implemented the following:
- Screening of therapist and client
- Masks are worn during massage by therapist and client
- The therapist washes hands immediately before the appointment
- Disinfection of all touched surfaces
- Germ Guardian air purifying system
- Please notify us immediately if you are not feeling well.
Will the hours of operation be the same?
- Temporary hours of operation will be adjusted to Monday through Thursday 5 am to 8 pm, Friday 5am – 7pm, and Saturday and Sunday 7 am to 1 pm. We will continue to provide updates for when the hours of operation will return to normal.
Will the showers be open?
- The showers will be open.
What other changes can we expect?
- Bring your own water (dispensers closed)
- Bring your own towel / No towel service
- The track will be closed. It is difficult to distance from others on the track and it allows us to move and keep more pieces of equipment open for us
- Contactless payment process (credit card & house charge only – no cash)
- Members-only / No Guests
- No locker room amenities/toiletries except shower products
- 60+ Senior Exercise area available
Will the Kids in Motion area be available?
- To ensure social distancing for the little ones, the Kids in Motion area will not be available. We will provide updates regarding when we will open the kid’s area.
Learn more about Chelsea Wellness Center at the Member Services desk, call us at (734) 214-0220. Learn more about Dexter Wellness center at the Member Services Desk or call (734) 580-2500.